KAKLAB is a distributed storage network created for users to share idle storage space and obtain revenue. KAKLAB refuses to occupy hard disk space with meaningless data writing, all files storage in which are generated by market demand. At the same time, it uses an economic game to ensure nodes perform storage responsibilities.
2022-01-27 KAKLAND Digital Residents are Coming with NFT Airdrop
There are 2 digital residents, Amber and Youta, in the KAKLAND Metaverse, who can be visited in KAKLAND.COMAmber
Amber, the first female resident of the KAKLAB Metaverse, who has bright eyes, slender eyebrows, a high nose, and fluffy hairs. She has keen sense of the outside world but still keep virtuous and gentle.
Youta, the first male resident of the KAKLAND Metaverse. Mature and steady, who has a willpower that is beyond imagination, and keeps moving forward to realize his dreams.
Amber and Youta will be the official ambassadors of KAKLAND, who will participate in the following promotions of KAKLAND.
At the same time, the first NFT airdrop is officially launched on Binance Smart Chain(BSC). 100 NFTs will be randomly airdropped to 100 community volunteers.
and exchange for a random equipment NFT.
2022-01-20 KAKLAND NFT Distribution is Launching
KAKLAND, the metaverse created based on KAKLAB distributed storage, has started its first NFT distribution. There will be 4 stages of distribution on BSC(Binance Smart Chain).
(1) Targeted Distribution: 100 NFTs will be distributed to community volunteers for free;
(2) Early-bird Distribution: Each of 200 users who has been listed in the Early-Bird Whitelist will be randomly minted with one NFT at a price of 30% of the official issue price. Each address is limited to one NFT;
(3) Pre-sale Distribution: Each of 300 users who have been listed in the Pre-sale Whitelist will be randomly minted with one NFT at a price of 50% of the official issue price. Each address is limited to one NFT.
(4) Group-purchase Distribution: Each of 500 users who have been listed in the Group-purchase Whitelist will be randomly minted with one NFT at a price of 80% of the official issue price. Each address is limited to one NFT.
At present, targeted distribution has been started, and each community volunteer can get a random character or equipment NFT. The 100 addresses will be announced on the official websites of KAKLAB and KAKLAND before January 28, and then the NFTs will be airdropped to the above addresses.
The whitelist acquisition rules and opening times of the rest three activities will be announced after the first stage is finished. The 1,000 NFTs will be out-of-print digital collectibles in the KAKLAND metaverse, which can be displayed or for sale in the future.
2022-01-15 KAKLAND: A Metaverse based on KAKLAB distributed storage system
KAKLAB will jointly launch its own Metaverse with its partners after completing the construction of the Metaverse infrastructure, which will be realized in multiple phases and mounted on the KAKLAB distributed storage system. KAK will be circulated in the system as core asset.
KAKLAND will first distribute digital avatars with clothing and equipment in mystery boxes. Users can freely trade them in the market after opening the boxes. At the same time, the first commemorative NFT clothing and equipment will be airdropped to early participants of KAKLAB, which will be the first out-of-print digital collectibles in the KAKLAND Metaverse, which can be displayed or for sale in the future. In the central area of KAKLAND, the KAKLAB Hall of Fame will be established, where the digital avatars especially designed for the 100 outstanding contributors to KAKLAB will be permanently set in it.
Stage 1: Realize the content production of ultra-high-precised Digital Avatars and regarding clothing and equipment;
Stage 2: Realize the application of Digital Avatars in web2.0. For example: broadcast live with digital avatars.at the same time, It will support the production of pictures and videos of ultra-high-precised Digital Avatars for the use of future publicity at the market and brand level.
Stage 3: Realize the display of Digital Avatars and various NFT collections in a limited virtual space named Demo Room;
Stage 4: Realize applications such as the integrated display of digital assets and the real world through MR technology;
Stage 5: Realize multi-dimensional social activities in a Demo Room;
Stage 6: Support native VR, AR, MR, holographic and other interactive devices;
Stage 7: Implement user creation tools with AI auxiliary functions to quickly create various NFT collections;
Stage 8: Realize an infinite virtual city, and gradually expand the territory based on storage space.
KAKLAB will jointly launch an NFT farm game "MetaFarm" with a game company. Users can get free NFT character cards on OpenSea or MetaFarm's official website after submiting their wallet addresses to qualify for the whitelist, and experience the zero cost blockchain game.
There is a data error in our official browser that the node data cannot be displayed normally. We are repairing the browser, please obtain the data through the node client.
2021-10-27 KAK Horizon will soon issue cross-chain...
KAK Horizon will soon issue cross-chain KAKH (contract address: TCp4Xh7bKEMYszSe8sULMbegzbwDU3upHs; name: KAK Horizon; abbreviation: KAKH; precision: 18 ) on TRC20. KAKH will simultaneously launch DeFi and NFT applications on TRX and BSC, and open KAKH mining. KAKLAB's official cross-chain platform is in preparation. If you have cross-chain requirements, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-10-12 KAKLAB will cooperate with Тэс Сүрвэй...
KAKLAB will cooperate with Тэс Сүрвэй ХХк to develop distributed storage business in Mongolia
KAKLAB and Тэс Сүрвэй ХХк formally reached an agreement, in which two parties will jointly carry out IPFS-based distributed storage business in Mongolia, including establishing an IDC Tier4 level computer room with distributed storage server clusters, so as to explore the applications of blockchain technology in Mongolia and develop the KAKLAB's ecology.
2021-09-25 KAK Horizon is officially launched
KAKLAB's test network has been officially closed. At the same time, the test mainnet KAK Horizon is launched. Users can access KAK Horizon and related interfaces through www.kaklab.com. At the same time, users can make suggestions during the use of the KAK Horizon to jointly improve the development of the KAKLAB ecosystem.
2021-09-18 KAKH is listing on DGalaxy
KAKH is listing on the DGalaxy exchange. KAKH is the BSC(Binance Smart Chain) cross-chain token (BEP20, smart contract 0xbe9beb51820179487d422668fcb6e2595d6901a6).
After the official launch of the KAK Horizon test mainnet, the test mainnet token KAKH will be issued. Then users can participate in node mining after the KAKHs on the BSC are exchanged for the KAKHs of the test mainnet through the official cross-chain nodes. In the future, according to the needs of ecological development, we will issue KAKH on other cross-chain tokens such as Ethereum.
2021-09-17 KAK Horizon will be launched on September 25
After consideration, KAKLAB finally decided to postpone the launch of the KAKLAB mainnet. At the same time, KAKLAB will launch the test mainnet on September 25th, and the mainnet will be officially launched 2 months later.
The KAK Horizon test mainnet will not be equipped with smart contracts. It will establish its own test application ecosystem on other mainnets such as ETH, BSC, etc., and complete the cross-chain gateway when the test mainnet is launched. KAKLAB mainnet will have its own smart contract and will migrate users in the test mainnet to the mainnet.
At the same time, the test mainnet will use an economic game mechanism to replace meaningless packaging. When the user completes the pledge, we will assume that the user has provided the corresponding storage space, and send the storage demand from the system. Once the user client fails to store within the specified time, it will be punished by deduction of the pledged assets.
If these mechanisms are successful in the mainnet testing, we will migrate these mechanisms to the mainnet when the official mainnet is launched. The token of KAK Horizon is KAKH, a total of 100 million will be issued, of which:
1. 90 million will be produced through mining, with 3 years as half-life period, that is, 45 million will be produced in the first three years, 22.5 million will be produced in the second three years, and so on;
(1) 15% will be the POS output from validator nodes;
(2) 70% will be the output from file storage nodes;
(3) 15% will be the output from cross-chain DeFi, NFTFi, GameFi and other methods.
2. The last 10 million will be allocated according to the following plan
(1) 10% for the founding team, which will be unlocked in 36 months in equal proportions;
(2) 10% for communities, and the reward distribution system will be jointly decided by HyperFund and KAKLAB.
(3) 40% lock-up ecological reward for all teams that provide DeFi, NFTFi, and GameFi solutions. This part will be unlocked for 12-36 months according to the code quality, and the reward distribution system will be jointly decided by HyperFund and KAKLAB
(4) 20% held by the HyperFund will be put into the market to quickly establish the infrastructure
(5) 20% will be locked up as cross-chain gateway reserve, which will be unlock in 12-36 months according to the project progress. It will be used for the issuance of KAKH on other mainnet cross-chain, and the ecological construction of DeFi, NFTFi, and GameFi in multiple public chains. The process will be jointly supervised by HyperFund and KAKLAB.
2021-09-15 KAK Horizon Economic Model and Mapping Airdrop Plan
KAKLAB's test mainnet KAK Horizon will use KAKLAB's economic model plan, but some adjustments will be made:
1. The POS output of validator nodes is 15%;
2. The output of file storage nodes is 70%;
3. Cross-chain DeFi, NFTFi, GameFi and other methods is 15%;
The KAK Horizon cross-chain gateway will be launched when the test mainnet is officially launched, and applications such as DeFi, NFTFi, GameFi, etc. will be gradually deployed on it. KAK welcomes communities to provide suggestions or contribute code to improve the application ecosystem.
After KAKLAB is officially launched on the mainnet, it will map the airdrop to the same mainnet address according to the current amount of KAKH of the miner node. The airdrop part will be locked for 540 days. During the lockup period, miner nodes can obtain output rewards through storage mining after packaging files, and the rewards will be issued in accordance with the rules of the main network. After 540 days, the locked airdrop will be unlocked at 16.7% per month.
2021-09-13 KAKLAB and HyperFund have reached an agreement to develop KAKPOOL and KAK Horizon
KAKLAB and HyperFund have reached an agreement to develop KAKPOOL and KAK Horizon mainly for customers in Asia, Europe, North America and other regions. At the same time, it establishes server clusters around the world and enhance user participation to explore more for the development and application of blockchain technology, and create more value for KAKLAB and KAK Horizon ecology.
KAK Horizon is the main test network of KAKLAB invested by HyperFund. KAK Horizon will be operated independently with its original asset KAKH. At the initial stage, KAK Horizon will use independent economic models and storage solutions to interact with major main chains through cross-chain gateways. and create application ecosystems on multiple main networks, providing a solution for the ecological construction of KAKLAB Protocol (smart contract stage) and seed communities.
1. KAK Horizon will use a brand-new storage mechanism and economic model, replacing economic games with invalid packages to realize mining on other main networks through DeFi, GameFi, etc.
2. KAK Horizon will also set up an official cross-chain gateway with 1:1 lock position on the test mainnet, and conducts corresponding issuance on other mainnets, and KAKH produced on other mainnets through DeFi, GameFi, etc. can be exchanged in KAK Horizon through the cross-chain gateway.
3. The KAK Horizon testnet will recruit ecological nodes, who can participate in the early ecological construction of KAK Horizon, including verification nodes for block generation, storage nodes, DeFi, GameFi ecosystems, etc.
4. KAKHs produced by the KAK Horizon testnet will be mapped to the KAKLAB mainnet, but KAKs produced through mapping will implement a strict lock mechanism to ensure the healthy development of the KAKLAB mainnet ecosystem. The specific mapping rules will be Announced later.
2021-09-10 The opening time of the Faucet is September 11, 2021, test users please enter it through wallet.
Guide to Install KAK Test Node
KAK test nodes use POS consensus to generate blocks, including voting and withdrawal.
KAK Browser ：kakscan.kaklab.com
KAK Test ：Wallet wallet-en.kaklab.com
GitHub Test Code Downloading：https://github.com/KakLab/kak-code.git
1. System Requirements
The minimum requirements for running KAK system:
Linux or Macos. Windows is not supported.
8-core CPU, KAK requires a lot of HASH operations, so CPUs with SHA Extensions instruction set can speed up operation.
It estimates that several gigabytes of blockchain data will be generated every day in KAK system, so a full-data node currently requires a hard disk with at least 2T volume, and SSD is recommended.
2. Compilation preparation
The golang and rust libraries are mainly used in the compilation process of KAK system, so you need to install the corresponding programming languages.
In particular, if you are in mainland China, you need to set up a golang agent library.
IPFS proxy :
Different system supportArch：
sudo pacman -Syu opencl-icd-loader gcc git bzr jq pkg-config opencl-icd-loader opencl-headers opencl-nvidia hwloc
sudo apt install mesa-opencl-icd ocl-icd-opencl-dev gcc git bzr jq pkg-config curl clang build-essential hwloc libhwloc-dev wget -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
sudo dnf -y install gcc make git bzr jq pkgconfig mesa-libOpenCL mesa-libOpenCL-devel opencl-headers ocl-icd ocl-icd-devel clang llvm wget hwloc libhwloc-dev
sudo zypper in gcc git jq make libOpenCL1 opencl-headers ocl-icd-devel clang llvm hwloc && sudo ln -s /usr/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1 /usr/lib64/libOpenCL.so
sudo yum install -y https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm; sudo yum install -y git gcc bzr jq pkgconfig clang llvm mesa-libGL-devel opencl-headers ocl-icd ocl-icd-devel hwloc-devel
KAK system needs support from rust. The installation method:
curl --proto '=https' --tlsv1.2 -sSf https://sh.rustup.rs | sh
The access speed of rust's official source is relatively slow. You can replace it with a domestic source. Modify the ".cargo/config" file in the user's root directory into:
[source.crates-io] registry = "https://github.com/rust-lang/crates.io-index" replace-with = 'sjtu' [source.sjtu] registry = "https://mirrors.sjtug.sjtu.edu.cn/git/crates.io-index"
KAK is mainly written in golang who requires version 1.16.4 or newer:
wget -c https://golang.org/dl/go1.16.4.linux-amd64.tar.gz -O - | sudo tar -xz -C /usr/local
Set environment variables:
echo "export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/go/bin" >> ~/.bashrc && source ~/.bashrc
Download the source code from KAK official website:
git clone https://gitee.com/ka-klab_1/kak-code.git cd kak-code
If your CPU supports SHA Extensions, you need to set environment variables to support this extension:
export RUSTFLAGS="-C target-cpu=native -g" export FFI_BUILD_FROM_SOURCE=1
Some old Intel or AMD processors do not have ADX instruction set, which will cause panic of KAK. Use the following settings to fix this problem:
export CGO_CFLAGS_ALLOW="-D__BLST_PORTABLE__" export CGO_CFLAGS="-D__BLST_PORTABLE__"
Compile make clean
If there is no error, the KAK program will be compiled in the cmd directory: lotus、lotus-miner、lotus-worker、lotus-wallet、lotus-gateway
4. GPU Support
GPU can improve the computing efficiency of the P2 and C2 stages, as well as the efficiency of zero-knowledge proof, so it is recommended to use GPU as an aid.
Known supported GPU list:
Device Name Cores Comments Quadro RTX 6000 4608 TITAN RTX 4608 Tesla V100 5120 Tesla P100 3584 Tesla T4 2560 Quadro M5000 2048 GeForce RTX 3090 10496 GeForce RTX 3080 8704 GeForce RTX 3070 5888 GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 4352 GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 3072 GeForce RTX 2080 2944 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 2560 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 3584 GeForce GTX 1080 2560 GeForce GTX 2060 1920 GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 1536 GeForce GTX 1060 1280 GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 1280 GeForce GTX 1650 896 gfx1010 2560 AMD RX 5700 XT gfx906 7400 AMD RADEON VI
If your GPU is not in the list, you can test whether it supports it in setting:
Take the 1536 core of the GeForce GTX 1660 Ti as an example:
export BELLMAN_CUSTOM_GPU="GeForce GTX 1660 Ti:1536"
Then recompile the node and run the test.
./lotus-bench sealing --sector-size=2KiB
During testing, use tools such as nvtop to observe whether the GPU is involved in the calculation process. If it participates in, it means that the GPU is successfully enabled.
5. Deployment and running
lotus daemon --nosync
lotus sync wait
The packaged blockchain data, which can be downloaded to speed up the synchronization process, will be added later.
View synchronization status:
lotus net sync
lotus daemon stop
Initialize the miner:
lotus-miner init --sector-size=512MiB
After creation, run the miner:
Voting: voting pledge unit： KAK
lotus-miner vote send
Voting redemption: voting redemption unit： KAK
lotus-miner vote withdraw
Check the status of miners: you can see the current closing and pledge.
2021-09-06 Tips for Participating in KAKLAB Test
Please pay attention to the announcement of KAKLAB official website (www.kaklab.com) to obtain the installation package of test file and the faucet address.
1. The first stage of KAKLAB development work has been completed. The main content is the separation of POS validator nodes and POST storage nodes. Users can get Staking rewards through block generation after pledging KAKs to POS nodes, or get KAK storage rewards through data packaging and storage.
2. After the first stage of the mainnet is launched and works well, we will process R&D and testing of the second stage, the main content of which is to equip virtual machines and smart contract development tools.
3. After the first two stages are fully completed, KAKLAB will fully support NFT and Metaverse, including metadata storage, digital asset issuance and circulation, and cross-chain transfer.
4. The output of KAK is determined in the following three ways:
1)through POS validator nodes, accounting for 20% of the total output;
2)through storage nodes, accounting for 20% of the total output;
3)through and GameFi and DeFi, accounting for 20% of the total output.
5. The related installation and configuration files, browsers, and light wallets of KAKLAB testnet are ready. We expect to open them for testing before September 10. All test users can obtain test tokens through the official faucet,which is for this test only.
6. The current open version of the storage node is 512M, requiring 0.048KAK to be pledged. The minimum requirement for each validator node is 1000KAK.
7. The startup of KAKLAB mainnet is still under consideration. The startup method will determine the validity of the pledged tokens and packaged data after the mainnet is officially launched. We will decide how to perform the early replacement of KAK tokens, and then notify early investors.
8. Recommended configuration
8.1 Configuration for storage nodes
Recommended configuration for individuals:
【1】CPU: 8 cores. CPUs supporting the SHA extended instruction set can accelerate the speed of disk packaging. (such as AMD’s Zen or Interl’s Ice Lake or later architectures)
【3】GPU: 1660 GPU can accelerate disk sealing, but it is not necessary.
【4】Hard Disk: 1T solid state hard disk
Recommended configuration for cluster version:
【1】CPU: 8 cores CPU supporting SHA extended instruction set can accelerate the speed of disk packaging. (such as AMD’s Zen or Interl’s Ice Lake or later architectures, AMD’s R9 server series CPUs are most recommended.)
【3】GPU: 3060 GPU can accelerate disk packaging, and can also calculate in parallel with multiple GPUs, which will be faster.
【4】 Cache: 2T SSD
【5】 Hard Disk: 16T
8.2 Configuration for validator nodes
【1】CPU: 8 cores. CPUs supporting the SHA extended instruction set can accelerate the speed of disk packaging. (such as AMD’s Zen or Interl’s Ice Lake or later architectures)
【3】Hard Disk: 1T